Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have this small red button on my dashboard and I cannot

Customer Question

I have this small red button on my dashboard and I cannot figure out what it is. My alarm is going off at random times and I have figured out that is the engine immobilizer system but I cannot figure out how to turn it on and off
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

The small button is for an after market alarm system

Is the button also flashing or is a separate light that flashes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would push it in and it would flash then a few seconds later the alarm would go off. did not matter if it was locked, unlocked, doors open or close. I came home and pushed it again and it popped out an have unlocked it several times now and the alarm has not gone off again
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a problem with the alarm control module, other than disabling it completely or replacing it with a newer alarm system I have I have no other suggestions. Check for small toggle switch at the left side kick panel and see if it has an OFF seting and you may be abl to just turn it off altogether.