Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How do I change the fusible link in a 2009 Toyota corolla

Customer Question

how do I change the fusible link in a 2009 Toyota corolla and what will it cost me?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the fuse itself is about $50 online and most parts stores, the dealer will be higher, around $70. If you have someone do this it will run about $80 to $110 (one hour labor) depending on where you have it done.

If your going to do this yourself open the fuse cover and the cover around the fuse, there is a large wire coming from the battery that connects to a threaded post, be sure to disconnect the battery the remove the 10mm nut from the post, there is another bolt/nut at the other end on the side, remove this one and the fuse should just pull up and out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the top of the fuse holder is burned in half
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , are you able to get any part of the fuse out?
Can you upload a picture to me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's starting to look like someone changed a fusible link before and possibly cut the strap. where is the bolt at the other end?
and here are some more photos. thank you for the help.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, you'll need to remove the 10mm nut on tha threaded stud directly on the fuse link top, there is another one at the end of the link. check out this short video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUDXG0laNA

copy it into your browser if the direct link won't connect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw that video and it really doesn't show how to get to the rear screw. I would like you to detail that for me. Also found out the link was replaced by a jerk.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

After removing the first 10mm nut are you able to pull the fuse holder up to get to the other bolt? If not you can open the bottom of the fuse box, remove the plastic cover on the bottom. I know that on a camry the bottom cover has to be removed, never done one on a corolla.