Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2015 Toyota RAV4 that is making strange beeping

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Toyota RAV4 that is making strange beeping noises. Every 3 minutes exactly, 3 loud beeps are heard from within the car. It is hard to determine where the beeping originates from. This model has the built in navigation system, front and rear proximity alerts, lane deviation alerts... but this beeping happens even when the car is not in motion and/or the keys are not in the ignition. Couldn't find anything in the manual about this beeping pattern. Please help!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening on your new Rav4. On your new vehicle paperwork do you see a list of any Dealer added features/accessories?

We (Toyota) does not have any items that come from the factory that will beep or make noise like this. It is most likely what we call an "add on" or PIO (Port Installed Option).