Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1992 toyota lux surf(4 runner) serial

Customer Question

good day. I have a 1992 toyota Hilux surf(4 runner) serial #LN1307050078. Its a 4 cylinder diesel turbo I think its 2.4 litter its A Japanese made right hand steering drive. the problem is when I turn the key to start the car as long as I am holding the keys in the swing position the car works firing white smoke when I loose the key it shuts off. wont keep on running.prior to this we put in a new head timed it and now it wont start. If you can help can also send me a schematic of the fuel pump operation?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Unfortunately I don't have a schematic of the fuel pump operation on this model here.If your vehicle started and ran before the head work was done I would re check the work that was done to see if anything was installed incorrectly or possibly even damaged during the install to see if an issue is found.If a fault is found it will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If this is all o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete