Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  27 year experiences , 16 year shop owner
29331485

I have a 1998 Toyota Camry ce and when I try to start it it

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Toyota Camry ce and when I try to start it it try's to start but no go, I also hear the fuel pump start a little bit after and keeps going after I shut it off. What could be the problems?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
After replacing the fuel pump did the engine start , did you replace the fuel filter .
Just do a quick test and while one is cranking the engine spray EZ start down the throttle body and see if the engine start, if the engine starts then you have a restriction of fuel supply .if pump is new and you hear it come ON then check that the fuel filter is not restricting the fuel supply.
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg