Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 1999 Tacoma and am getting p1300 code. I have

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Tacoma and am getting p1300 code. I have checked the coils, plug wires, cam sensor, and crank sensor. all within specs. any suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P1300 code can come from several reasons. Sicne all of your tests have checked out, please allow me to state a few things from experience....More often than not, non-Toyota ignition coils can cause this. Secondly, the beginnings of an igniter failure could cause this. One thing to try here would be to unplug and replug the igniter wire connection several times. You just might have poor contact on the wire connection. Also check the physical ground for the igniter. It needs to have a good solid ground to work properly. scrape any corrosion that may be present from under it where it attaches in the engine compartment.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer