cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

Trying to troubleshoot a fuse blowing on the power door

Customer Question

Hi trying to troubleshoot a fuse blowing on the power door locks if a 03 4 Rnr sport. It unlocks everything fine but blows the fuse when you relock the car. Tried disconnecting each actuator one at a time including the lift gate and still the same issue, any suggestions
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect all the door locks at the same time and press the lock button and tell me if the fuse still blows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does, all doors and the lift gate disconnected, still blows. Disconnected each door lock switch one at a time and still blows

Has any work been done to the 4runner recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Jimmy, most likely your issue lies with the theft control module not with the door locks or switches as you have ruled those out, the theft control module or body control module will have to checked using an up to date scanner at your favorite garage.