Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My son has a 2011 Toyota Tacoma and the Daytime Running

Customer Question

My son has a 2011 Toyota Tacoma and the Daytime Running Lights stopped working. My understanding is that the vehicle must be running with the transmission in park and the parking brake released. My son said that, when the DRL's worked, the vehicle did not need to be in drive.
Where is the fuse located and what are the common causes of DRL failure???
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Double check and make sure the park brake isn't partially set by pulling up on it or pushing it down to see if they come on then.If this is all o.k. this may be a fault with the light sensor sending an incorrect signal as this is most common.This would need checked/tested to see if it needs replaced.
Thanks Pete