Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

The spindle is holding my rotors on and i neeed to know the

Customer Question

The spindle nut is holding my rotors on and i neeed to know the size of the nut
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
On this vehicle, the spindle nut does NOT hold the rotor on any way at all. Do NOT ermove the spindle nut as this is for Axle Shaft replacement and the nut cannot be resued and needs to be torqued to the correct value and then "staked". Once the stake has been compromised, a new nut is needed. The rotor here is a "pull-off" type. If the rotor does not easily pull off, spray some WD-40 around the center hole and each of the lug stud holes. Then, using a weighted hammer, tap the rotor from behind. Turn the rotor 1/4 turn, and tap again. Repeat this process until the rotor is loose and can be pulled off. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept. Remember, your rating is required.