Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2009 Toyota Camry shakes when accelerating or under load.

Customer Question

2009 Toyota Camry shakes when accelerating or under load. Installed new tie rod ends, new driver side cv halfshaft, used passenger halfshaft, and new sway bar links. Rotated tires. All parts OEM
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. To better assist you, I need to ask a few questions.

1) Does the car vibrate in drive, if you hold the brake pedal and give it gas? (not moving)

2) Do you feel a clunk when you put it into drive or reverse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to both. Tonight I went out and put the car in drive with my foot on the brake and slightly pushed on the accelerater to watch the motor movement. Doesn't seem to move more than normal but I was going to try the new torque rod because I'm out of answers

Sway bar links would not cause any vibrations. Tie rod ends would not cause a vibration on acceleration. If the rods were bad, it would vibrate all the time. I would recommend that you investigate the lower transmission mount before replacing anything else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you calling the left side mount the lower transmission mount? I'm not seeing any tranny mounts on the parts schematics I have access to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYQSpkOpWw this mount is clearly shown at 00:37