Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Max 2010 Toyota corolla is back feeding power when the key

Customer Question

Max 2010 Toyota corolla is back feeding power when the key is turned off, everything works like the car is running, the electric steering is on, the cooling fans are turning, all the power equipment in the car is working, the first thing done was to pull the relays, no luck, I tried disconnecting the alternator no luck, something that has the ability to carry a large amount of power is back feeding the system, do you have any other ideas
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Let's do this first: When the car is showing thsi problem, remove the lower instrument panel to access the back of the ignition switch. Locate the wire connector and unplug it. See if the problem ceases. If not, we have another avenue to look at. Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the first things done thinking it was the switch

Remove the lower instrument panel cover so you can gain assess to the fuse panel under the dash. When the car is exhibiting the problem, tap on the fuse panel with a rubber mallet. Advise if the problem ceases.