Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have got an obd code camry p0351,0352,0353,0354 I have

Customer Question

Hello hi sir i have got an obd code for toyota camry p0351,0352,0353,0354
I have change all the wiring of coils and changed the ecu and programmed it but still the same
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I assume that this is a 4 cylinder vehicle. When we see these codes in the shop, we usually find bad coils. The problem can also be found in non-Toyota coils. The root of the issue is this: All of the coils share a common ground circuit. Inside each coil is a diode that prevents voltage from the energizing of the coil to enter the ground circuit. If the diode fails, voltage can 'leak' into the ground circuit. Thsi triggers the check engine light. If you have not doen so already, the recommendation would be to replace all of the ignition coils with genuine Toyota units. If you have replaced the coils with genuine Toyota units, the next step would be replacement of the car's electronic control unit with a new, genuine Toyota replacement part. Reprogramming does not rectify a coil induced issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer