Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  34 Years of working on vehicle repair/diagnostics! ;)
9261905

2001 Toyota Tacoma. AC won't come on (and temp gauge doesn't

Customer Question

2001 Toyota Tacoma. AC won't come on (and temp gauge doesn't work) until truck warms up. When AC isn't working warm air blows out vents, even when off. After warming up, temp gauge starts to work and then, a minute later, AC works. Works for a while after warmed up but cuts out intermittently. When it cuts out hot air again comes through vents. When AC is working and I turn it off only cool air comes through vents.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is MIKE..
From what you have outlined, you haven't said if you have had the AC system checked / re charged or not..
If not - that would be the next step... Even if you have had it done , connection to the proper machine should highlight whats happening / where your fault is... as would / should, connection to a fault code machine for that circuit.
Again, you haven't said if there are any fault codes - so thats the way forward on this one, as above, now.
Do use a proper guy with the proper equipment ...you will never sort this otherwise.
Let me know how you get on, or if you need anything else / more.
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.