Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2014 camry. all of a sudden I get no cruise contr, get check

Customer Question

2014 camry. all of a sudden I get no cruise contr, get check engine light, and anti skid light. Cruise will not even turn on.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't see anything in owners manual about cruise fuse. Like there's no to cruise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
supposed to be no power to cruise
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

The check engine light will cause the cruise control to be inoperative, and turn vsc or trac control lights on so we need to find out why the check engine light is on first. Most auto parts stores like Autozone, O Reilly can assist you with that at no charge, except in CA. They connect a diagnostic scanner and will give you a code number or two, I need this code information in order to start helping with this.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 25 miles from auto zone or other. At that rate it will take days to diagnose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it safe to drive?
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

If the engine is running normally it is safe to drive, most check engine lights turn on due to an emission control related problem, here's what you can try doing before driving to the Autozone,

Check the gas cap, make sure it's tight, at least three clicks, disconnect the negative battery cable for about a minute, this will clear the codes, reconnect the cable and drive it four a while in normal driving , see if the light turns back on and if it does let me know how long it took to come back, hopefully it will stay off. Also, check under the hood for any vacuum hoses that nay have been disconnected, especially to the air filter. Let me know how it goes, just wait and see if the light turns back on then drive it to Autozone.