Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have same problem, no plate lights or backup lights. Both

Customer Question

I have same problem, no plate lights or backup lights. Both fuses are good. can't find anything common to both in wiring diagrams
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

It is only the lights in the trunk lid that are not operating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only the lights in trunk lid do not work. I found that all lights in trunk lid, (plate lights, back up lights and tail lights come on
when car is put into reverse, but all go out when parking lights or headlights are turned on.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

This is a common problem what you're going to find is that the wiring harness that goes up the left trunk hinge and feeds all of the components in the trunk lid has broken and shorted out. You need to identify this harness on the left hinge and follow it up into where it comes off of the main quarter panel trunk harness. You will have to pull back some of the trunk liner un tape all of the harness about three or 4 inches up to the main trunk harness you will find that the wires are broken and shorted there that's common once you repair these wires and replace all the fuses you should be good to go. Let me know if you need any of assistance on this matter.