Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ron, I have a 2006 AWD Toyota Sienna XLE. In December, '14

Customer Question

Hi Ron, I have a 2006 AWD Toyota Sienna XLE. In December, '14 my passenger side automatic door upper cable broke. In Jan., '15 I had an appt. with the dealership for estimate, before I could get it in the driver's side automatic door stopped working. These doors can be opened on automatic or manual, the door would not work either way. The dealership replaced the "popper" on the driver's side door and said it might not hold up. They wanted to replace all the guts on the passenger side. Price was too high for an older vehicle with high mileage. The "popper" repair worked for 4 mos., door opening on automatic only using the key clicker or the inside the driver's door control. Then stopped working completely. Again, toyota dealer wants to much $ for me to invest in an older vehicle. The handle on both doors is unresponsive and I would be happy to operate in manual only but this is not possible. Can you give me some idea of what is going on?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Some of the electronic door internals are electrical/mechanical and are only serviced as a complete assembly.If the cost was to much new for this you might check used to see if any used parts/internals are available to correct this here.Places like www.car-part.com usually can help with the internal components.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't given me any new ideas and what you have responded I already knew. I would have appreciated an answer that would help to diagnose which component has gone bad.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize my answer didn't help here.If you want I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete