Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Sienna: 2006 sienna wouldnt start yesterday. i tried to jumpstart

Customer Question

2006 sienna wouldnt start yesterday. i tried to jumpstart the battery to no avail. i took the battery to autozone and they tested it. bad battery, and i got a new one. installed and still wont start. i charged battery overnight and nothing. electrical seems strange sometimes. no clicking sound from starter and headlights dont come on. interior lights work sometimes but not always. could this be the starter or an elictrcal problem like the anti-theft system?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds very much like either the new battery is discharged, or you have a buildup of corrosion between the battery cables and the battery terminals that fit on the battery posts. Anytime you have any kind of corrosion (common on older batteries), the electricity does not pass thru properly. You might get enough current to light the dome light, but, the headlamps draw a lot of current, and the starter consumes the most current of all the electrical units. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to inspect where the thick and heavy battery cables attach to the battery terminal ends that fit onto the battery posts. If there is any white crystals, or other forms or corrosion, replace the battery terminals. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer