Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Land cruiser: Hey, when I was driving my car earlier I had

Customer Question

Hey, when I was driving my car earlier I had to make a sharp left turn and when i did my car made a loud screeching noise from the right passenger side near the front wheel and then when I was driving a made a rattling almost like a stuck belt noise but when I came to a stop or put it in pawk it didn't make the noise, do you have any clue what this could be? Im just scared because I need to drive two hours tomororw and Im a college student and don't want to get stuck on the interstate. Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Since the noise does not occur in park, we can rule out engine and belt driven issues. If the noise continuses as long as you are driving (only), you could have some worn out brake pads. Or, a small pebble is stuck between the brake rotor and the caliper. Go out and try backing up about 20 feet. See if the noise quits. If so, then you had a pebble lodged. A pebble makes the most horrendous noise when it gets trapped between the rotor and the caliper. If the noise does it forwards and backwards, You probably have a brake problem, and that would need to be looked at by a shop. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went out and drove it again since it was making that noise, when it was making the noise earlier I was going around 50 and when I just went out and drove it I went max of 20 and it didn't make the noise at all and sounded good, do you think it's okay to drive two hours tomorrow and safe to drive even if it has the noise?
As long as it is not making any noise you should be OK