Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Avalon: I am having two problems with my 2005 Avalon XLS six

Customer Question

I am having two problems with my 2005 Avalon XLS six cyclinder. Just had plugs replaced along with #5 coil replacement. Check engine light still on. Dealer says it is bad " knock" sensor. Based on that decide not to replace due to cost. Is that feasible?
Other problem is transmission has trouble shifting into lower gear (2 or 3). Understand that is common problem around 100,000 to 125,000 miles. I have almost 125,000. Is their fix for this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for trusting me to help you with your vehicle today. I have over 30 years of Diagnostic experience. I look forward to working with you. Do you have the VIN and the code numbers causing the check engine light to come on before the repairs and after the plugs where installed?