Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Tacoma truck: , have a question about 1999 Toyota

Customer Question

Hi, have a question about 1999 Toyota Tacoma it has 275000 miles on it it has recently stopped running well it was taken to a local transmission dealer they stated there is nothing wrong with the transmission we have noticed it seems to b hard to determine what is actually wrong with it. The problems seem to b transmission problems however it has been extremely difficult to determine what is actually wrong. The engine seems to sound like no problems however when it is driven it seems to run and shift inappropriate can you help me determine what can actually b wrong with it
Terry p
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today. I am sorry to hear that this is going on. What testing or repairs have you performed so far?Any codes stored in the computer or warning lights on? How long have you owned this Taco?