Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

2008 Highlander: My daughter's 2008 Toyota Highlander is blowing

Customer Question

My daughter's 2008 Toyota Highlander is blowing warm air on driver's side and back vents but cool air on passengers side. She leaves for Florida Monday and doesn't have the funds to go to Toyota or a mechanic. Is there anything we can try?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I would recommend you open and drop the glove box down. On a panel behind the glove box opening is a rectangular plastic plate. Remove the plate. Behind the plate is the cabin air filter. If it is dirty or loaded with debris, your air flow quality would be compromised. This is easy to do. If the filter is heavily soiled, replace it. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not solve our problem. It was only lightly dusty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The passenger vent is blowing cool air but the driver's side is hot as well as back vents.
She has a heat mix door sticking open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am NOT satisfied b/c we are in the same situation as when I contacted you!!
I understand. However, if you have interior door problems (not seating and closing) you are not going to be able to rectify to this in your driveway. You asked what you could try and I gave you the information that is applicable based on experience with this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
True, but you also stated I would not be charged unless I was 100% satisfied with the answer.
You have not been charged according to my screen. The only way you incur any charge is to apply a positive rating. That is the only way you are charged and it is also the only way I get a small portion of that charge as my compensation for assisting you.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Another expert here. Have you ever had the FREON level check?