Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

2010: , tonight was driving, stopped car started sputtering,

Customer Question

Hi, tonight was driving, stopped car started sputtering, gave it some gas... drove off.. MIL light came on.. seems that the gas pedal is sticking.. not givng car enough fuel.. traction control light came on as well, then went off.. what gives 2010 toyota camry
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
At any time did the check engine light start to flash? Can you get the codes from the engine control computer using a scan tool? In most states except California and Virginia AutoZone and similar parts stores do this as a free courtesy. With these code numbers I can better assist you. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...the codes are po171 and po101. The car has 108,516
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And no... No flashing for the check engine light
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Based on these code numbers the P0 171 code means that the system is running lean and the P0 101 means that the mass airflow sensor has a range performance problem indicates that the mass airflow sensor has failed or is starting to fail. This in turn will set the check engine light on. My recommendation without doing extensive testing would be to replace the mass airflow sensor with a new unit. Try and stay with the factory Toyota DENSO sensor. If you don't know what that is or know how to replace it typically a shop will charge you .5 hours in labor times your local labor rate plus the new sensor which I think it's about $130. If you clear these codes by removing the negative battery cable or with a code reader and they come right back there's probably a good chance it's just the mass airflow sensor. Please do not forget to rate the information that I provided you at three or higher so I may be compensated for my time if you need any additional information feel free to reply and I will get back to you.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Any luck on this yet?