Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Dan, Can you tell me what parts are needed 2000 Toyota

Customer Question

Dan,
Can you tell me what parts are needed for a 2000 Toyota 4Runner, 3.6L, that displays the code P0770?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You can replace the torque converter clutch solenoid to see if that helps if not you have a more serious problem. The SL solenoid is behind transmission pan and has a green/red wire connected to it. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.-P0770 Shift Solenoid 'E' (SL) Malfunction (Mechanical) - With Automatic Transmission Possible CausesSetting ConditionsA/T component problems (i.e., in clutch, brake or gears)SL (shift lockup) is damaged, stuck "open" or stuck "closed"Transmission valve body is clogged, dirty or stuckEngine running; vehicle driven at a speed of over 50 mph for 1-3 minutes, and the PCM detected the transmission lockup function did not occur in the "lockup" range, or the "lockup" function was "on" during periods when it should have been "off".^Note: The A/T clutch or A/T brake clutch will slip with this code set.-