Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Trunca: I have a 5.7 with 122000 , oil press has just started

Customer Question

I have a 5.7 with 122000 , oil press has just started fluxing to hi side of normal , normal after warmup, at idle and at steady speeds. But go up to about haft way between normal and hi when speeding up.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There was a technical service bulletin that addressed this issue a while back. Toyota is aware of the problem and have taken steps to rectify it. The remedy, according to the bulletin, is to replace the oil pressure gauge (in the dash) and the oil pressure sending unit (on the engine) with the revised units. We have had quite a few of this particular issue in the shop; replacements per the TSB have eliminated the concern. This would be the reccomendation I have for you on this request: Replace the oil pressure sending unit on the engine and the oil pressure gauge in the instrument panel. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer