Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Sienna XLE: I have a 2010 Toyota Sienna XLE. The 'alarm' ke

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Toyota Sienna XLE. The 'alarm' keeps on going off. We had taken the car to the dealer before, and they told us that they have already removed all the factory installed alarm. The sound is made similar to when people press the 'panic' key on the remote. But we did not touch the remote at all. Do you happen to know what caused the problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
Possibly, that rather than the alarm system being the problem, there could be a short-circuit in the vehicles horn system, either in the horn pad on the steering wheel. The horn itself, or the wiring to the horn from the horn pad. An accomplished technician with a high degree of skill in automotive electrical troubleshooting will be needed to determine the cause of failure in the horn circuit.