Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007: I have the same issue with the check engine light, vsc,

Customer Question

I have the same issue with the check engine light, vsc, and vsc off lights all on at the same time. I had it checked at the toyota dealer and they say all of the cats are out (5,200 fix) i'm trying to see if simply replacing the oxygen sensor woudl correct this problem as I just don't see how the cats can just go out. All of this happened about a mile down the road after they replaced the alternator.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for posting
Did the dealer give you any diagnostic code number information?
Does it run normally, normal acceleration and no misfires?
Converters don't normally just fail all of a sudden.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs fine. Gas mileage is the same, normal acceleration and no misfires. One of the codes is DTC No. c120/51. The other one is for the cats but I can't find it. When I inquired about the c120/51 code being the ECM I was told he has a service bulletin that says it is all the cats. I have a hard time believing that.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replyThe C120 is not a valid diagnostic code, the closest I can match I can get is a P0120 which is for the accelerator position sensor, doesn't sound right, if the check engine light is on now try to visit any of the major auto parts stores like Autozone, Advance or O Reilly, they can help you retrieve the codes and let's see what comes up, they do this at no charge in all states except CA.