Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I just ran a check and have p0303 and p0353 codes. wondering

Customer Question

i just ran a check and have p0303 and p0353 codes. wondering if i could fix it myself? car just started to run rough at idle. this is my first diagnostic on our 2004 toyota sienna with 165,000 miles.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for posting
The P0303 is for a misfire on the #3 cylinder, the 353 code is for the same cylinder but specifically for the #3 igniter/coil pack, kind of common on these engines, unfortunately this one is not that easy to get to as it is located in the cylinder head near the firewall in the middle of the three cylinders. It can be replaced without removing the intake chamber, not much room there, I have done it a few times myself. If the spark plugs have more than 100K miles on them it is a good idea to replace them as well, they to can be replaced without removing the intake chamber. If time is not an issue removing the intake plenum chamber is best if the spark plugs are going to be replaced as well.