Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Sienna: , I live in Poland. I have a Toyota Sienna 3.3 in

Customer Question

Hi, I live in Poland. I have a Toyota Sienna 3.3 in 2004. The local mechanics are not familiar with this rare model in my country. I have trouble with sliding doors on the left. Normally, pulling the door handle to each door begins to open. But now is not enough. You have to pull the door handle to each other and at the same time a little backwards. Only then did the doors begin to open automatically. It is a tiring. Is it a problem of regulation or damaged electronics? Thank You. Adam.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
Actually it is both, the track for the sliding doors also contains the wiring harness for the sliding door, the door track will have to be checked for damage, and the door glides will also have to be checked for excessive movement, what usually happens, the door glides get some wear on them and begin to sag, putting too much pressure on the sliding door track and harness, the door track and harness are delicate electronics, and cannot take this additional pressure destroying the track and wiring harness please accept my answer and made my performance.