Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota RAV4: 2013 rav4 hatch won't open after one strut popped

Customer Question

2013 rav4 hatch won't open after one strut popped off; strut is on now but hatch won't work
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Are you saying its locked closed?If that is the case then we need to remove the interior trim panel and manually get the latch to release. Is that something you can do before we get into diag? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got no response in time I had to deal with it before having to leave. If I can get a satisfactory answer and get it fixed, I'll gladly pay the fee.
It is not locked. It will lift and lower manually and the electronic lock engages when it's down/disengages when button is pushed outside the hatch. Just doesn't raise and lower as designed.
Any way you can get it scanned to see if the rear gate module is good and communicating and to see if there are codes stored?