Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota Sequoia: I start my 2006 Sequoia, and the "VSC Trac"

Customer Question

I start my 2006 Sequoia, and the "VSC Trac" & "Trac off" lights come on after i release the brake and move the steering wheel. I ran the codes and received the following: C1223--malfunction ABS control
C1231--malfunction steering angle sensor
C1241--low battery positive voltage or abnormal high battery positive voltage
P0504--brake switch a/b correlation
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to edit my question. I start my 2006 Sequoia, and the "VSCTRAC" & "TRAC OFF" lights come on, after I begin driving, any where from a foot to about 25 feet. After clearing the codes, I restarted and drove the car until the VSC TRAC and TRAC OFF lights came back on (approx 10 feet). I reran the codes and received the following:
C1231--malfunction steering angle sensor. Does the sensor need to be replaced?
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer Please allow me to assist you. I would not replace the sensor. What you more than likely need is a recalibration of your existing sensor (plus, if you did replace the current sensor, it too will need to be calibrated). The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to contact your local dealer and have the sensor recalibrated if the sensor is bad, it won't recalibrate. The recalibration is not a long process and it should not be overly expensive. This has to be done at a dealer because most other places do not have the recalibration software. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer