Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

4runner: Dj. I have a 1994 Toyota 4runner 3.0 with a a/c

Customer Question

Hi Dj. I have a 1994 Toyota 4runner 3.0 with a a/c problem.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me.
There a circuit breaker that powers most of the system. It's in the right side fuse box, right next to the 20 amp heater fuse and the 10 amp AC fuse. You can reset the circuit breaker by sticking a small nail or if you bend a paper clip into a P shape, you can use the leg of the P to stick into a small hole in the face of the circuit breaker. You should hear a tick sound when it resets.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/atom631/SANY1610.jpg
This is a picture of it.
Let me know if this solves the problem. If not, we'll dig a little deeper and figure this out.
DJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dj. This circuit breaker must have been for a older 4runner. I cant find it on my 94 fuse block. All I have on the fuse block is 10amp a/c fuse, 20 amp heater fuse, 40 amp fuse and a heater relay. Let me know thx.
Expert:  Dj replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but if it doesn't have a circuit breaker, I don't have the correct wiring diagram. I'm going to put your question back into the expert pool so that you can get help quickly.
Please don't respond to this message or it will lock up your question.
DJ
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
since the expert you were working with has opted out please allow me to offer some assistance.
Form what I'm understanding the fuses on the relay block at the right side are not getting any power to them but the fuses check good, if this is correct please remove the heater relay and turn the key on, two of the terminals in the socket should have 12 volts, let me know if they do and let's continue from there, thanks.