Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota tercel: I have toyota tercel and the AC light starts

Customer Question

Hi I have toyota tercel and the AC light starts blinking after about 10 minutes, and AC stops blowing cold and a need to restart it but only when it's very hot at night work good
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jan Andersson replied 1 year ago.
The refrigerant may be getting too hot and pressure rises above the safety switch cut-off limit. See if your condenser/radiator fan works good, and the condenser is clean, not too much debris on the fins or fins bent so air can't pass. It could be overcharged too, which makes this more likely to happen. When the fans start going bad, they may turn slower than normal or seize occasionally, and sometimes work better again. When you ut your hand behind it, it needs to move a lot of air. Would you be able to check the low side and high side pressures? It would require a manifold gauge set with two pressure gauges.