Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a toyota 2004 sienna AWD LX 3.3 engine with 120,000

Customer Question

I have a toyota 2004 sienna AWD LX 3.3 engine with 120,000 miles on it. I had codes 0333 and 0037 come up. Knock sensors gave description of what the van was doing and they were replaced by a toyota mechanic with toyota knock sensor and the wire cover
also was replaced toyota brand and the oxygen sensor on Bank 1 code was replaced and it was toyota brand. For some reason he had to jump off the van twice so I had to purchase a new battery on the way home. The van is not repaired it is doing the same thing
it was sluggish when you give it gas you can have it floored and not moving much. It feels like it is starving for gas or air or something and then all of a sudden it gets a little and it goes. I also changed the air filter today and was going to change the
fuel filter but found out it was in the gas tank and not replaceable and did not need to be changed. Not happy about that. My mechanic has no idea where to turn he said no codes were coming up at all on the van. he is a toyota mechanic so I am looking for
someone who might can help me give him some information to try. 1000 today and its not fixed.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. It would be extremely difficult for me to tell you exactly what is going on here without doing some tests. My initial perceptiuon of this issue is the vehicle is not starting out in low gear. If you have it floored and it barely moves, that tells me that the transmission is starting out in the highest 'drive' gear, not low, then 2, then 3 and finally drive. Sort of like starting out in 4th gear in a standard transmission vehicle. If this is so, there will not be any codes. Have your Toyota mechanic do a line pressure test. You are either experiencing starting out in a high gear, or, your torque converter is not multiplying torque from the engine to the transaxle. If this vehicle was in my shop, the very FIRST thing I would be doing would be checking Line Pressure. Knock sensors and O2 sensors will not cause an acceleration lag as you describe. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer