Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  I have been/am a Toyota technician for 15yrs+.
75929629

I have a factory install alarm system onmy 2006 tundra toyota

Customer Question

I have a factory install alarm system onmy 2006 tundra toyota p/u truck. i changed the battery. the alarm system came on and the horn was sounding. when i installed the new battery and try to start the vehicle it want start. the system has shut down the system. everthing else work. i have tried the deactivate procedure int manual but nothing works. it has a red button that blinks. i tried holding this button in. i have no remote control. i use keys to get in and out. it there a procedure i can use to start the truck?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.
Yes, first make sure the red button/light is in the out position. then put the key in and turn it to the on position (not start), then with the key still on, push the red button to the in position and leave it in. Turn the key off and the red light should stay on solid, this shows that the alarm is bypassed. You can now start the truck.
Were you able to get it started?