Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Sienna: 2001 Toyota Sienna V6 170,000 miles. Codes

Customer Question

2001 Toyota Sienna V6 170,000 miles. Codes P0300, 305, 306. Stone cold seems to run ok, In a short time miss at an idle in gear; also on light acceleration especially noticeable at 55 - 65 mph. Hard acceleration no noticeable problem. All spark plugs have been change, both 02 sensors, all 3 coil packs on back side (along with plugs again,) and middle coil pack on front side. This isn't a new situation as it has been a growing problem starting 30 or 40 thousand miles ago soon after timing belt was changed for the first known time and a "fuel system cleaning." Was once tolerable but now getting to the point it is just too aggravating. No smoke - plugs looked like new when removed - no deposits. Otherwise engine runs fine. Additionally, soon after the timing belt/fuel sys cleaning, was on the road passing a car and the engine began to slowly die to the point it quit completely - then revived itself as I began to pull to the side of the road.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance on this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received an answer yet. thought you all threw in the towel on this one. Yes, I still have the problem. Also, sometime back I had the problem of removing the 02 sensor on back side; it finally came out - with the threads. Replaced the manifold and new sensor. But had no effect what so ever on how the car ran. But it did get rid of the fault code for that.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
I have not sent you an answer yet. I have simply responded to you because I saw that your question had not gotten answered or had anyone reply to it yet because it is a complex problem. Have you run a cylinder compression test yet on all six cylinders? Did you remove the timing cover or have the timing belt timing reinspected to make sure it's not off one tooth?