Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. Has power sliding doors.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. Has power sliding doors. Issue is with passenger sliding door. It just stopped working. It closed and can not open it with fob, overhead console switch, handles, etc. Turned off the power door switch on dash so I could manually open it, will not open. The door makes no sounds. It seems to be dead. Decided to check fuses. Nothing labeled sliding doors in fuse boxes, so didn't go any further. Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance on this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
When you pull the outside door handle does it have the same feel or resistance that the other side has or does it feel as if nothing is engaging. In other words the handle moves very easy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I pull the exterior door handle, feels like it is not engaging anything.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Based on your latest reply there are two possible options going on here. The first would be the door is in the locked position and the lock will not release either due to a mechanism being frozen or broken this then causes the door handle on the inside and outside to not engage the mechanism to release the locks. The only other possible option is the actual door handle itself is broken on the outside and the inside door handle is not engaging because possibly the child safety lock switch has the were designed been turned on before the door closed. Unfortunately this means you will have to try and remove the door panel with the door closed and this gets very complicated very quickly and it's difficult to do it without damaging the door panel. The only other possible thing I can suggest would be to try and use the remote to lock and unlock all the doors and have somebody manually slide the lock lever very quickly back and forth to see if you can jiggle it loose or cause it to catch the lock mechanism while somebody tries to pull on the door handle at the same time you try and lock and unlock the doors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try your suggestions, and I will let you know the outcome. May be 24 hrs or so. Thanks
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Please do not forget to let me know how things go and provide a positive rating of three or higher. If you need additional assistance feel free to reply and I will get back to you. I will be online for three or four hours yet this evening and monitoring on and off tomorrow.