Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota camet: I have a Toyota hybrid. The computer is telling

Customer Question

I have a Toyota hybrid. The computer is telling me to check the hybrid sister and to check the VSC system. Is the car safe to drive?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Hello, whether it's safe to drive or not depends on the reason why these lights turned on, is the check engine light on as well. I the car is running normally the problem may only be emission control related, the VSC warning light will turn on anytime the check engine or hybrid system light turns on, this is so because the vsc system is disabled when the computer finds a fault in the engine control or hybrid system, te first thing that is normally done is to retrievethe diagnostic codes from the computer then go from there, I will be happy to assist further if you could have the computers scanned or diagnostic trouble codes then come back here and let me know this informationThanks.