Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Sienna: I have a 2008 Totyota Sienna CE, engine - VSC

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2008 Totyota Sienna CE, engine - VSC - Trac Off lights are all on.. I have been driving the same way (20 min - 15 km) and additionally to the lights in the instrument cluster there is an acceleration response problems, means I push the accelerator pedal and the car has a delay to respond and the gear have a delay to change going to higher than normal revolutions, this is mainly happening in a hill section where I always have to stop due to the traffic lights. Car has 110,000 Kms all service done on time.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I will send you a form for a live phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry will be messages.
This sounds like you have a sensor or an actuator dropping out, intermittent of failed. The next step here is to get the car scanned. We could spend a lot ofd time speculating what is causing it. As long as the lights are on, there should be a diagnostic trouble code stored into the car's computer. The recommendation would be to get a scan with a pretty decent scan tool. Once you have the diagnostic codes, isolation of the actual problem will be much easier and save a lot of needless expense by avoiding purchasing unnecessary parts that will not fix the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I got the codes DTC P0793 and DTC P0776
Thank you. This is an interesting set of codes. The P0793 is a speed sensor code, and the P0776 is a pressure control solenoid code. Either of these will cause poor acceleration because the speed sensor is not telling the computer to move the pressure control solenoid. If this vehicle was in my shop, I would recommend a complete transmission flush. That should free off a sticking pressure solenoid. Perhaps that is all you need...It is possible that the speed sensor code is occurring because of the sticking (or faulty) pressure control solenoid. A good flush of the transmission would be the first thing to do here; then retest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has now 112,000 km, transmission fluid was replaced at 96,000 km. Why Toyota does not has any transmission flush in their service manual?, only indicates drain and replace the transmission fluid every 96,000 km. Some people disagree flushing the transmission, what do you think? Should the pan be removed and cleaned and replace the strainer?
Cannot tell you the choices Toyota makes. I can tell you that we do flushes every day. The theory is when you flush the teams, you get all of the dirty and contaminated fluid out. Dropping the pan leaves 3-4 quarts of dirty oil in the system and torque converter. If you drain and refilled it at 96,000, you still have dirty oil in it. I'd flush it.