Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Corolla: I have had the same problem with the "VCS off" light

Customer Question

I have had the same problem with the "VCS off" light and check engine. I had the water pump replaced about a month ago and the light came on almost right after I left the dealership. I've had this before. I've tightened the gas cap many times to ensure that was not the problem. It has usually turned off after starting the car a few times, but it has now been on for almost a month
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for postingHave you had it checked for diagnostic codes yet or if not can you have the codes read from the computer, most autoparts places do this for free. (Autozone, Advance Auto, O Reilly), the VSC light is a direct result of the check engine light being on and in most cases it will turn off when the cause for the CEL is fixed and codes cleared, the VSC system is disabled when he CEL is on, this is by design from the factory.Once you can provide me with the code number information I can advise a course of action to remedy the situation.