Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

I accidentally put .5 gallons of diesel fuel in my Toyota Avalon.

Customer Question

I accidentally put .5 gallons of diesel fuel in my Toyota Avalon. Can I run it?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
How many gallons gas in the tank when you did this and or how many in there now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tank was about half full. It's
Completely full now. I also placed fuel cleaner in the tank. It was only .597 gallons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not started the car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Got it, actually? you added even more fuel cleaner when you did the diesel fuel, It is oil based, cleans injectors and fuel system and the amount you added in ratio to what is in the tank now? you are just fine, We even add diedel in the shop at time for fuel system cleaning. The problem is the reverse, adding gas to diesel car. Please go ahead, start/run and drive, You should notice nothing out of the norm,maybe slight smoke at idle for breif but that is about it, Will not and did not hurt the engine
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
error when trying to submit phone call, have sent to JA, can I help in this format for now? I sent the best info I could