Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Need wiring diagram toyota 4x4 pick up. I need the

Customer Question

need wiring diagram for 1992 toyota 4x4 pick up. I need the speed sensor to ecu or combination gauge. Customer had person put a standard trans into their auto trans pickup body so i need wiring diagrams for both to figure out how to re-wire the speed sensor thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Which engine - 2.4 or 3.0L ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.0
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Sorry, but I will have to opt out. I only have wiring diagram for automatic, nothing for manual transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for nothing
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Different Expert here. the 3.0 V6 speed sensor has 2 wires on it ...A solid brown (ground) and a Brown/Red wire which leads to terminal 16 of the 3rd wire connector on the Electronic control unit under the dashIf you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are incorrectit has 3 wires, and i need the wiring diagrams, 1 for the automatic and 1 for the standard i have to rewire them you have not answered my question try again i pay nothing for the wrong info
Hello. Again. I have the official 1992 Toyota electric wiring schematic book in front of me. According to this manual, the 1992 truck vehicle speed sensor harness for Auto Transmission has 2 possibilities: A common ground on both 4 cyl and the 6 cyl; Brown. With the 4 cyl, the signal wire is solid Blue. The V6 signal; wireis Brown/Red.What wires do you have, as they are obviously not the factory colours. On the combination meter, there are three wires....Brown/Orange, Green/Red and Green/Blue. The signal form the speed sensor runs directly to the engine/transmission electronic control unit under the dash, if this was indeed originally an AT vehicle. The signal passes from the ECU to the combination meter and then to the speedometer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey ive been ill for a long time, just got back to this issue, it was a automatic, 4x4, then they put a standard trans in it. the vss at the transfer case is a 3 wire unit, so heres the question, what wires/colors am i looking for on the automatic trans wire harness side so i can mate them to the vss in the manual trans transfer case, and -their colors are, green, blue in the middle, and green
I will research this and get back to you.