Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota camry le 4 cyl: 98 toyota camry 4cyl ,no dash lights

Customer Question

98 toyota camry 4cyl ,no dash lights ,no tail lights,gear shifter in lock out mode,checked all small fuses under the dash and hood they are fine ,is it a biger relay fuse that controls all the smaller ones thats out?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no blinkers and there is no air conditioning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car starts right up, i have high and low beam head lights,and i have dome light!
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the car is available, please go out and lif the hood; open the engine room fuse panel. Look under the lid of the panel for the following fuse: ALTthis is a 100 amp fuse. Look thru the clear plastic 'window' on top of the cartridge ti see the fusible wire in the base of the fuse. If the wires is not joined in the middle, the fuse is blown. Advise if this fuse is OK or not Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea i think its this fuse , both sides of the metal are gone,looks blown to me and this controls all of the smaller ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea ,its that fuse opened the top clear plastic and the metal just feel out!!going to the auto store in the morning to replace !Thanks very very much !
Please hold on a second. You need more information here.
This is a very high current fuse. In order to maintain passing 100 amps at all times. With that being said, any looseness in the base of this fuse would cause arcing and overheating. To prevent this, Toyota Bolts the 'legs' of the fuse to the buss bars inside the fuse panel. If the fuse does not easily pull out, the fuse will indeed be bolted in. To effect the replacement of this fuse, you will need to take the fuse panel apart, by separating the top half from the bottom half. . Please ensure that the battery is disconnected before you try this. You may have other fuses that are blown, Please check all accessory operation after replacing the ALT fuse. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer