Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2004 rav4 2.4l vvt-i it's been a great car until

Customer Question

hi, i have a 2004 rav4 2.4l vvt-i it's been a great car until last week. it started chatter-knocking loudly.so i towed it home. doesnt sound like a rod knock , but like if you rattle your tounge agenst the roof of your mouth. so i pulled the oil pan and there was a bit of sludge and an excessive amount of both steel and aluminum fine grindings. i couldnt see the crankshaft to see if it were the main bearings. although the timing chain was lose,and all the teeth exhaust cam sprockets have chips at the point on sprocket.so i replaced the exhaust cam sprocket,the cam chain tensioner,chain guides, and timing chain. and it has the same noise. we bought the car used from my uncle who is lead sales agent at Walnut Creek Toyota. Anyway, whoever reads this , i appreciate your help.. thanks
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow ,e to assist you.
Do you still need assistance on this request?