Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Sienna: ABS and tire pressure lights on about 95% of the time

Customer Question

ABS and tire pressure lights on about 95% of the time (go out sometimes)When lights are not on the ABS system engages at slow speeds and kicks the lights on; Brake light comes on randomely. This had happened for a while.
first code by using a jumper wire said right front sensor was bad; I replaced it and did not fix the problem.
I replaced both rear wheel bearing hubs with internal sensors.
I keep getting the lights.
Last couple of days I got all new tires; and bought a code reader with ABS system got codes C0200; C0215; and C1235
I pulled Both front senors and cleaned them very well. tested right front senor and left rear senor and both give 700 to 800 ohms resistance and both give AC voltage when I turn the wheels.
I also Pulled the CV out and looked at the reluctor ring on the front right and looks brand new not a spek of dirt anywhere and no cracks that I can see. Put everything back together and zeroed the codes with the scanner and test drove it and ABS system engaged a
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. It seems that you know what you are doing with regard to your diagnostic efforts.
We had this exact same problem in our shop (Toyota dealership Svc Dept) a year or so ago. We replaced parts, check everything. Replaced parts that did not need replaced as the tech got more and more fed up. THe remedy, which we were told by the Engineering Hot line, was to replace the wire harness. We did that and the problem disappeared instantly. Apparently, there is an issue with the harnesses. Unfortunately, they never tell us why they tell us what they tell us, they only tell us what they suggest. If I were you, I would be looking for a replacement underhood ABS harness
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a part number for the 2003 toyota sienna LE Symphony Would that be the harness for the front or rear brakes or does it do all 4? Looks like what i see in the toyota mechanic manuals that they would be 2 separate items.Thanks
Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking at it in the van it looks like the wires that the sensors attach to (wiring harness I would assume) is all interconnected into the harness for the rest of the van.
The front harness (which we replaced ) is separate from the rear harness. Regarding the part number, I do not have the current parts information available to me. You would be best advised to visit your local dealership parts department, or, get a good used harness from the secondary market (that is what we did)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is what i have been looking for but when I Look up an ABS Harness every harness in the world but that one comes up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not even show it it the Toyota Manual
You want the 'Engine Room Harness'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking about the wiring harness that goes to everything (all components) in the engine compartment.
yes