Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Rav4: My rav 4 back door latch is not letting us shut the door

Customer Question

My rav 4 back door latch is not letting us shut the door it won't catch to shut it and the back door keeps opening up
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
.
The latch is supposed to stay in the opened position after opening it. If the latch lever is going back to the closed position the latch is no good and would have to be replaced.
….
I have the instructions to overhaul the door in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page. You only have to do the step necessary to replave the latch. (Door panel, latch, etc)
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f5rkyxh2u53q3e/DISCONNECT%20CABLE%20FROM%20NEGATIVE%20BATTERY%20TERMINAL.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime
.