Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  I have been/am a Toyota technician for 15yrs+.
75929629

Sequoia: My lever to release 2nd row passanger seat seems to

Customer Question

My lever to release 2nd row passanger seat seems to have broken. So I can't get the seat back up
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.
To get the seat back up the middle seat must be fully latched into the floor, if it is stuck in the floor and you are unable to reset it's position then look under the seat for a red tipped handle, that would be the emergency release move it to release the seat from the floor when it is a bad position and cannot be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not the issue - it's the lever on top of the seat unlatches the seat to come up. It is broken. These seats do not latch into the floor this is a 2012 model.
When you pull up on the lever that normally raises the seat, does it resist at all or just flop forward easily?