EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience
34559540

Camry: Our Toyota Camry (2000) had the front rotors replaced,

Customer Question

Our Toyota Camry (2000) had the front rotors replaced, and pads. The calipers & pin were cleaned and put back on. It would start violently shaking when going 75 mph every so often. Now when going 75 mph for about 10 minutes, it will slightly start vibrating. and when braking to get off the highway, it shakes through the wheel. The tech working on it says it's a worn tie rod. My husband thinks it's the calipers. What do you think? (Shots and struts, and tie rod end were all replaced-this summer.)We also got new tires and have had them balanced.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. From the symptom you describe it does sound more like a worn tie rod end than sticking calipers. I also understand you say a tie rod end was replaced recently but maybe they only replaced one and not both. Now the other is worn.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
you can check the tie rods your self by jacking the wheel off the ground and shaking it side to side and feel for any play in it, or clunking.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate the service provided.