Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota Highlander: Moon roof will not close all the way on

Customer Question

Moon roof will not close all the way on Toyota Highlander. I have the headliner out but can't find jam
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the roof moves at all, like to open, but will not close all the way, it is highly likely that the drive cable inside the track of the roof assembly has either seized up (due to rust) or the drive cable has broken. When this happpens, the jam will not be visible, as the problem is inside the tubing that protects the drive cables. In order to rectify this, the entire sunroof assembly needs to be removed form the roof bracing and the cables removed and replaced. If you have never attempted a sunroof cable replacement, it is highly advised that you leave this job to a professional. This really sounds like you need new drive cables installed.If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer