Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser. The alarm sounds if i

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser. The alarm sounds if i unlock the door after about 15 or 20 seconds. The dealership had disabled it before, but when I disconnect and reconnect the battery, it starts up again. Can you tell me how to disable again.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to JUst Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Here is the method for disabling the Factory Theft Deterrent system in a 93 Land Cruiser.: Open the door(alarm sounds)Get in vehicleInsert key into the ignitionTurn the key to ON (where the instrument panel warning lights illuminate; not to start)Turn the key off (backwards towards you one position)Repeat key On and then key Off 4 more times.The key on then key off should be at one second intervals ie Key on, 1 sec, key off, 1 sec, key on, 1 sec, key off 1 sec, Key on, 1 sec, key off, 1 sec, key on, 1 sec, key off, 1 sec, key on, 1 sec, key off Then try to start. The alarm should cease after the 5th key on/1sec/key off sequence. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried this a few times and I must be doing something wrong.I wait for alarm to sound
Turn key on (past ACC, but not start) wait 1 sec, then back to ACC for 1 sec, etc as you said.After the 5th on/ACC, do I turn it off, or go right to start?Thanks!Adam
key to ON where the instrument panel lights up1 second intervalKey to OFF (not acc)repeat at 1 second intervals.Try to start after the 5th on/off sequence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not working. After the first full on/off/on the alarm stops ringing. I'm going through all 5 cycles.I noticed that the security light blinks slowly when the doors are shut, but when I open a door it blinks faster before ringing alarm.Also, I have the security switch set to "horn defeat". Does that matter?Anything go else I can try?Thanks,Adam
THat is the only method that the factory has released to silence the alarm. IIf the sequence does not work, I suspect that the RS3000 or RS3200 main control unit may have gotten wet. If so, this causes the system to do all kinds of weird things. Look under the driver side seat for a black box. See if it has gotten wet. Note that the car will not start with this box disconnected. You may need to remove the Rs3200 system from the vehicle or replace the RS3200 controller.