Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Camry: My 2011 Camry (4cyl) has a P705 error code, indicating

Customer Question

My 2011 Camry (4cyl) has a P705 error code, indicating a problem with the transmission range sensor. When I put the car in gear and begin to drive it, the traction control light comes on. Also, the cruise control turns on, but I cannot set the speed.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, there was heavy corrosion on both battery terminals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned battery terminals and cables thoroughly. I noticed when I went to test drive, The P, R, and N light up on the dash as I work through the gears. However, D and Manual shift do not illuminate...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Since you are only setting the P0705 range sensor code the first thing you need to do is address it. I have enclosed the steps in the link below to test the sensor to get this code resolved. Once you have it repaired then recheck the operation of the other concerns you are having and see if they clear. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0705%20Jul%207.pdf